Sunday, June 20

It's the simple, little things.....

An idea which has been bouncing about in my head for a while.

1 John 4:8 + 1 Corinthians 13 = interesting reading.

God is Love...ergo....

"If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not God, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not God, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not God, I gain nothing.

God is patient, God is kind. He does not envy, She does not boast, He is not proud. She is not rude, He is not self-seeking, She is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. She always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

God never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears."

No comments:

Post a Comment