Tuesday, November 30

sick...and tired.

No, I couldn't resist the Cosby reference.

So, yes...I'm sick.  Stupid cold and stupid sinus and icky. meh.  In five years it may not matter, but it's hard to convince me of that today. 

*makes trumpeting noise with nose/tissue*

I'm also tired.  Tired of reading about how senior leadership, both clerical and mundane, argue about power and control while the people suffer.  Tired of bickering over what song to play while the city burns down.

How do all of the arguments over a Covenant help the homeless here in the 'developed' world who froze to death last night? 

Does the battle over what adults (of any persuasion) do in the bedroom help them love their neighbour or does it further alienate and penalize them for being who and what God made them?

How do women in orders (or keeping them out of orders) help over half the world who 'make due' on less than 2 euros/day?

Does what the pope knew 10 years ago about sexual abuse matter to the 4 little kids who died of starvation in the time it took you to read this post?

I  apologize if I am whinging.  Put it down to being sick and tired.  It just seems to me that there's a lot of crowing about things which don't matter while our brothers and sisters are dying (literally and figuratively) at the front steps of our churches and homes.

"And he will answer, 'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.'" 


No comments:

Post a Comment