Thursday, June 9

Thoughts about the reading

Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed, saying:

“Holy Father, keep them in your name that you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one.

When I was with them I protected them in your name that you gave me, and I guarded them, and none of them was lost except the son of destruction, in order that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

But now I am coming to you.

I speak this in the world so that they may share my joy completely.
I gave them your word, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world any more than I belong to the world." (John 17)

Christ showed us the way, gave us the instructions we need to reunite ourselves with God.  To do this, we must look to Her, not to the world.  We must know we are creatures of Light, suffused with the Holy Spirit and not just creatures of flesh, belonging to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment