Thursday, October 28

Ambivalence

It's funny, after a fashion.  The more I read about current events, the more ambivalent I become.

On the one hand, there is part of me which is filled with both rage and sadness.  Anger steeped in righteous indignation at those who would cause my brothers and sisters to stumble, who would spew the spittle-flecked invective of intolerance and would feign the power and usurp the authority of the Divine.  As hot as my rage burns against these people, it is cooled by the tears I shed for those who suffer under these people, for those honest and truth-seeking individuals who are misguided and misdirected, turned away and shunned.  Most of all for those who mistake a church for God and, as they are rejected by the former believe that they are rejected by the latter.

And this anger and sorrow leads me to sounding like Habakkuk. 

"How long, O LORD, will I call for help, and You will not hear?  I cry out to You, “Violence!” yet You do not save.

Why do You make me see iniquity,and cause me to look on wickedness?  Yes, destruction and violence are before me; Strife exists and contention arises.

Therefore the law is ignored and justice is never upheld.  For the wicked surround the righteous; Therefore justice comes out perverted."

In short, "DUDE! WTF?!?!"(insert wild gesticulations and finger pointing).   No, my version is not nearly so prosaic, but is a better reflection of my conversations with the Divine and the personal nature of the relationship.

To which the Lord God YHWH replies,

"This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.   If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

Which, in my parlance ends up being. "Dude....chill.  Trust me, I got it covered." As silly and stupid sounding as that may seem, when Dad says that, the effect is the proverbial Balm of Gilead.  All of a sudden, it makes sense and things are in focus.  Of course.  Everything will be fine.  Relax.

He's aware...and knows what's best...and has it all under control.  Just trust Him. 

You know...have faith.

"butbutbutbutbutbutbutbut...."


"Trust me." 

"butbutbutbutbutbutbutbut...."

"Tim.  Trust  me."

Yes, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment