Wednesday, May 25

Of wolves and sheep

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; " (Ps. 23:4)

It is so very easy to feel alone in the darkness, so isolated and forgotten.  The tasks of the day can seem so pointless and the things which appear to matter to daunting and unassailable.  The wolves howl all around in the inky black and the Shepherd is nowhere in sight.

“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:18-20)

The Light of the World is within us and we are with Him as She is in us.  These things are self-evident to those who look.

What Christ never promised is that it would be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment