Tuesday, May 31

Reconciliation and the last few weeks

So, a world of things have occurred in the past three days.  Some pretty crummy and some pretty awesome.  The upshot is this:

I believe I understand what Dad was on about. For us to be reconciled, I needed to purge all of the ill I was carrying.  For both of us to live in the present, we must both discard the past.

Well, that was done this weekend with results that are beyond anything I could have hoped for.  What was is in the past and, for good or ill, shall stay there.  Our relationship is different, but it is honest and stronger than I can recall in years.

Though we shall not be partners going forward, at base he remains my closest friend and a person who I thought was gone from my life forever.

Thanks be to God for second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment