Tuesday, August 21

Words of wisdom from Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta

“Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.”

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."

“We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love.”

"I know God will never give me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

"God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try."

May Holy Wisdom whisper into his ear,
May our brother Christ guide his path,
May our loving Mother hold him in Her arms.


2 comments:

  1. Just to clarify, I'm not depressed/angry/beating myself up. I have done what little I could, and done so with great love (as Teresa suggests to do).

    I have tried and although I may not have succeeded, I have learned much and hopefully will be better prepared next time.

    Gotta love On-the-job training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know that you have not succeeded. The seeds of what you have sown lie in his heart, in his mind and in his soul. You don't know that down the line he may choose to listen to them. It may take time and you may never know what effect you have had on him, but when the Gods placed you in his path, you did not turn away as so many others had. I call that answering the call. I call that success. You succeeded in playing your part, now we'll see what he does with his. Out here on the streets success is measured far differently than in the cozy confines of a building or office (see your previous post).

    ReplyDelete