Friday, December 10

Baby-steps of faith

This morning's OT reading is from Isaiah:

"I, the LORD, your God, teach you what is for your good, and lead you on the way you should go.

If you would hearken to my commandments, your prosperity would be like a river, and your vindication like the waves of the sea;

Your descendants would be like the sand, and those born of your stock like its grains, Their name never cut off or blotted out from my presence.  "(Is. 48:17-19)

My translation...If you would just listen to me, it'll all go smooth. I've got ya covered.  Trust me.

Some days, that trust is hard.  Some days, it's hard to hear that voice and harder still to follow where you can't see your steps. It's never a question of intention, to be sure.  He is good and She is love and The Plan does work in the best interests of all (and that includes me and you).  But that leap into the darkness is still hard, especially some days.

 But that's the point of it, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment