Monday, April 18

My weekend

This past Saturday, I had the enormous good fortune to have lunch and spend the afternoon in a Celtic mass workshop with Br. Stefan Waligur.  The music was incredible.  Go and listen to his stuff.  It's AWESOME.  As for the rest, I won't attempt to describe what we did or the conversations involved, but the whole experience showed me that my observations, reflections and ruminations may be private but they are not, in any way, unique. 

Sunday found me missing the joint Palm Sunday service.  For a variety of reasons, I was not fit company for general people, let alone celebrate mass go to church with the Lutherans in that ecumenical spirit.  Yesterday was spent with a good bit of questioning where I'm going with this journey...where does that road lead, why the Divine tapped me on the shoulder and sent me on this road and what the Sam Hill am I supposed to do?

Then, I get today's OT reading, from Isaiah 42:
Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased, Upon whom I have put my Spirit; he shall bring forth justice to the nations...Thus says God, YHWH, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spreads out the earth with its crops, Who gives breath to its people and spirit to those who walk on it:
"I, YHWH, have called you for the victory of justice, I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light for the nations, To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from confinement, and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness. I YHWH; that is my name; my glory I give to no other,nor my praise to carved idols. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare;before they spring forth I tell you of them."
Have I ever mentioned how subtle the Divine is? 

Thanks, Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment