Friday, April 15

Today's Reading

The Jews picked up rocks to stone Jesus.
Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?”

The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.”

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, ‘You are gods”‘? If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and Scripture cannot be set aside, can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?  (John 10:31-36)
The full verse which Jesus quotes is as follows:
"I said, 'You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High'." (Ps. 82:6)
And that small Voice said: "You are a being of light, suffused with the Holy Spirit"

The Divine is within us and we are children of God.  We are ALL children of God, blinded to the fact due to our own short-sightedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment